The Orban NeuStarAIR2 Radio Processor is a one stream AES stereo audio processor, specifically designed to improve the audio performance of low bit rate HD Radio multicasts, DAB and DRM channels with particular focus on stereo at 24 kbps. The NeuStarAIR2 features industry-proven Eclipse Loudness Measurement technology to provide accurate loudness measurements and newly developed psychoacoustic processing with look-ahead gain correction to make audio level adjustments that are transparent to listeners. Orban's proprietary Eclipse codec pre-processing engine has been specially tuned for operation at 24 kbps, 32 kbps, 48 kbps, 64 kbps and 96 kbps bit rates to significantly reduce artifacts from lossy codecs and low-bit rate transmission.
Key Features of the NeuStarAIR2
- Four independent stereo processing chains -- perfect for multicasting
- Compatible with digital radio codecs used in HD Radio, DAB+ and DRM+ systems
- Perceptual loudness control delivers powerful, dense program audio without annoying processing artifacts
- Image packing and auto balancing corrects L-R codec leakage
- 10 Presets with 12 band parametric equalizer and adjustable dynamic range contours
- Eclipse Loudness Measure
- Auto-Daypart automatically changes operating profiles via rear panel GPIO
- Auto-sensing EAS/CAP input
The NeuStarAIR2 is an easy-to-operate 1RU unit complete with bright accurate bargraph metering, rear-panel GPIO, and Ethernet interface for status monitoring and settings/preset management and field software updates. Orban's NeuStarAIR2 delivers pristine, powerful sound and has all the tools broadcasters need to get their station’s “signature sound” across their multicasts while saving time, money and space.